This is a one-time call for proposals. Public Outreach opportunities will be updated in 2012 under SSHRC’s Program Architecture Renewal.
The Public Outreach Grants: Dissemination funding opportunity supports activities that help share the results of academic research with non-academic audiences.
Faculty of Education Assoc Dean’s Office: 1 week before agency deadline (if you wish feedback on your application please submit 2-3 weeks early to Karen Kueneman)
Research Development & Services: At least 3 days before agency deadline
SSHRC: November 28, 2011
Applicants must situate their proposals within one of three funding levels: under $50,000, $50,000 to $100,000, and over $100,000.
Description: Public Outreach Grants are designed to mobilize and/or leverage existing and ongoing research in the social sciences and humanities for a range of audiences beyond academia. Through this funding opportunity, SSHRC encourages researchers to find effective ways to disseminate, transfer, exchange, synthesize and broker research results to wider audiences.
Public Outreach Grants – Dissemination activities include, but are not limited to:
- adapting texts or presentations for different audiences (including translations into French, English or an aboriginal language);
- policy briefs;
- knowledge syntheses;
- articles in newspapers or weekly or monthly magazines, whether specialized or general interest (publications in scholarly journals are not eligible);
- interactive technologies, databases and audio-visual products;
- media events (such as interviews, or television or radio presentations);
- press conferences;
- public debates or testimonies;
- software or NetWare;
- educational aids, instruments or equipment;
- artistic exhibits, performances or festivals;
- submissions to public commissions, roundtables or workshops; and
- virtual networking and interactions.
Eligibility: Applicants must be eligible to hold a research grant at Western.
Full Applications are to be accompanied by a completed ROLA proposal.
Dissemination – Guidelines and application forms are not yet available but should be posted soon.