- The Notification of Intent for Discovery Grants (Individual and Team);
- The full application for Discovery Grants; and
- All the program elements for the Subatomic Physics Grants suite.
NSERC is confident that together, the Research Portal and the CCV will improve the application and peer review processes, and provide students, researchers and partners a better way to manage their interactions with NSERC.
- The CCV will lighten the load on the research community in the long term. Once data is entered, only updating is required, and it can be re-used for future applications to NSERC and/or other participating organizations, including the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council and the Canada Foundation for Innovation.
- Over the past year, NSERC has been working with the Canadian Association of University Research Administrators (CAURA) and a panel of prospective users from the research community to adapt the CCV to the needs of NSERC stakeholders, which has resulted in a simplified template and reduced number of mandatory fields.
NSERC encourages the research community, particularly those who plan on applying to the programs listed above, to start entering their data into the NSERC CCV now as it can be time consuming to populate the fields the first time.
Other NSERC Programs
- Other funding opportunities will continue to use the current On-line System and Form 100 until they are migrated to the Research Portal.
- Applicants will be notified in advance of the dates when others will migrate; all NSERC funding opportunities are expected to be integrated by late 2015.
- In the meantime, applicants to multiple NSERC programs will need to maintain and update both their Form 100 and NSERC CCV given the gradual implementation.
For support with the NSERC CCV, please contact the On-line Services Helpdesk by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 613-995-4273.
The CCV is continuously improving based on feedback received from the research community. The next release of the CCV, with enhancements to search functionality and reference table data requirements, will be available in the coming weeks. The release will not impact information already entered in the system, including the NSERC CCV. Details will be communicated in a separate message.
NSERC is committed to providing quality service and thanks you for your collaboration as they work to modernize their systems. For more information, including frequently asked questions, visit the Resource Centre on NSERC’s Web site.
Stay tuned for further updates on the launch of NSERC’s Research Portal.