SSHRC Insight Grant Workshop
Erin Huner, Faculty of Social Science, &
Natalie Szudy and Laura Moxey, Research Development and Services
September 11, 2014, 9-10:30
Social Science Centre, Rm 9420 (in Dean’s Office)
Some broad areas of focus for this workshop will be:
1) SSHRC CHANGES— focus on the new “Future Challenges” that have replaced the priority areas at SSHRC; discuss how researchers should approach this change and what impact this change might have on proposals and grant writing for SSHRC Insight grants.
2) Grant writing for a multidisciplinary committee
3) SSHRC committee scoring and how this relates to effective grant writing
4) Application process and procedures: dates and deadlines to remember!
5) If you are thinking about applying to either SSHRC Partnership Development or Partnership Grants – discuss how your Insight Grant should be positioned in relation to these larger grants.
Please RSVP by September 3, 2014 to Erin Huner, email@example.com