Western Strategic Support for SSHRC, NSERC and CIHR Success – Bridge Funding

Supported by the Office of the Vice-President (Research), the SSHRB Bridge Research Grant is targeted to established researchers to bridge a SSHRC funding/research gap or crossover from equivalent external funding to SSHRC support.

NOTE: Similar funding is available to researchers whose area of research is in the areas covered by CIHR  (Medical and Health Sciences Research Board- MHSRB) or NSERC  (Science and Engineering Research Board – SERB).

Particularly of interest to Faculty of Education researchers is bridge funding for researchers currently holding a SSHRC external grant and wishing to crossover and seek CIHR support.

Amount: Up to 25,000

Faculty of Education Research Office: November 3, 2014 (if you wish to have feedback on your application – 1 week prior)
Research Development & Services: November 17, 2014 (decision by January 31)

There are four scenarios in which a researcher may be eligible to seek Bridge support.
1. The researcher’s external SSHRC grant has ended within the past 2 years (not including the terminal year), and has applied to an external SSHRC competition for a renewal or new application(with pending or unsuccessful results).
2. The researcher currently holds a NSERC or CIHR external grant and wishes to crossover and seek SSHRC support.
3. The researcher has held equivalent external funding at Western that required peer review (as a PI, Co-PI or Co-Applicant), but has never held a Tri-Agency grant (as a PI), and has applied to an external SSHRC competition (as a PI), all within 5 years previous to the application deadline.
4. The researcher has applied to SSHRC (as the PI) within the past year receiving a 4A status result and is ineligible for Seed
funding. Applicants must disclose any reviewer feedback received in SSHRC’s referee report and are encouraged to have applications to any external SSHRC competition peer -reviewed before submission.

SSHRC’s Subject Matter Eligibility guidelines apply to this funding opportunity. The applicant must be eligible to hold a research grant at Western.

More information on this program, including application form and guidelines

Applications must be accompanied by a ROLA.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: