SSHRC’s website has been updated with new information regarding the Talent, Insight and Connection programs for the 2015 competitions.
Policies, Guidelines, Regulations and Related Information:
- The new Tri-Agency Open Access Policy on Publications has been integrated into SSHRC’s website. For information, consult the updated Open Access landing page.
- New Guidelines for Effective Knowledge Mobilization, pertaining to all grant applications, are available through the updated Community Engagement page.
- As has previously been announced, SSHRC has launched new Guidelines for Review of Aboriginal Research and a new Aboriginal Research Statement of Principles.
- The policy on Appeals of Decisions Based on Merit Review has been updated.
- See the Definition of Terms page for new definitions for “Aboriginal research” and “knowledge mobilization”, and for updated definitions of “emerging scholars” and “record of research achievement”.
Program Descriptions and Funding Opportunities:
- Descriptions for SSHRC’s Talent Program, Insight Program, and Connection Program and the landing page for Future Challenge Areas have been updated
- Two new Joint initiatives, the Healthy and Productive Work Joint Initiative with the Canadian Institutes of Health Research and Societal Implications of Disruptive Innovation with Genome Canada have been launched and the Sport Participation Research Initiative with Sports Canada has been updated.
- The descriptions and application material for the following funding opportunities have been updated:
- SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships Funding Opportunity and Resource Centre for Postdoctoral Fellowships ;
- Insight Grants Funding Opportunity and Resource Centre for Grants (with new resources regarding Research Creation), and
- Knowledge Synthesis Grants : What effects will the quest for energy and natural resources have on our society and our position on the world stage?
- Doctoral Awards Funding Opportunities and Resource Centre for Doctoral Awards (The form will be launched shortly).
- The descriptions and application material for the Partnership Development Grants funding opportunity will be updated and launched soon